Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Year Long Recap?

Welcome back fellow followers...if there's any left. It's been almost a whole year since I last posted.
And I sit here looking at this blank post, wondering how to condense a whole year into one post. Where do I start? How deep into details should I go? Day by day, I feel like not much has changed, nothing exciting happening in the life. But looking back, I wonder where did that life go?

I had just finished my 3rd year of college last post. Living back up in SLC with the fam-bam. Working, still at Rubio's (still there, just for those wondering, surprise surprise). Went on a family vacation with our dog up to the lake, which if you know my dog means an adventure. I gained a decent amount of weight over the summer and by the time the school year started, I could hardly fit into my pants and had to wear flowy skirts to camouflage the rolls that had begun to appear on my body.

School started and I began dancing again, which luckily helped with the start of the weight loss. But along with school brought stress and trying to figure out my life. I continued with geography as my major and the Spanish minor that I've done all along. Random fact? My favorite class was Spanish linguistics. Grammar and I aren't besties, as I'm sure you all know from my posts.

Finals passed and I was faced with the decision and stress of whether to attend school winter semester or not. I ended up dropping classes and working full time at Rubio's. Since then I have gotten a second job. For about 3 weeks I was working a good 80-85 hours a week and killing myself! Since then I've cut down to 65 hours a week and I'm feeling alright. I have the worlds weirdest sleeping schedule since I start my morning job at 6 am and don't get off of my night job until after 10:30 pm.

But without school, it's been interesting. The first couple weeks when I wasn't enrolled in school I had dreams about taking classes, being in the testing center, studying my textbooks. Oh how badly I missed school, especially the first few weeks! Until I do return back to school I'll be taking a few online classes, playing Sudoku and reading as much as possible so my brain doesn't turn to mush.

Well if you wanted the boring overview of my life for the past year, you got it. Don't worry, if there's some important thing that happened I'll let you all know.

In the meantime, I'd say I follow my tagline of my blog: "Sometimes we don't get the whole story, but we do get bits&&pieces."



No comments:

Post a Comment