Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wedding Dress Shopping

So almost a year ago I was having a very bad day due to broken hearts and such. My dear dear friend Josh, (also someone who I had dated previously to this and which also makes this story ten times funnier knew about my hard time and decided to take me to the mall to cheer me up because he knew that I love shopping. (Lately my love for shopping has turned into more of an obsession)
We were walking up and down the mall and we almost reach the very end, but in the corner there is a wedding dress store. I stop and look for a minute and comment about how I liked certain ones on display and couldn't believe people would actually wear the other ones.
I told Josh I was just going to walk into the store to get a better look at one dress that I thought was pretty. He walked in with me. We were in the store for less than 35 seconds when one of the ladies came up to us and asked us if she could help us. I replied very quickly no we are just looking. Then she asked if we were looking for anything special. Josh couldn't keep quiet and quickly replied YES SHE IS. I look at him and my eyes were giving him this message of I am going to kill you. The lady asked what I was looking for and after a few seconds I replied I like lace. Her eyes got wide with excitement as she lead us down an aisle of lace dresses. 
She asked me about certain styles and other questions and I answered them all the while turning back looking at Josh just stand there laughing. I motioned to him to come with me, so that I wasn't fed to the hyenas all alone. He finally followed and the lady pulled out several dresses.
The lady asked if I liked a certain one, and I answered honestly to the questions until she said okay should we get you a dressing room. At that point, I froze. This just got real. I tried to insist that I was fine and that I was just looking and that I didn't want to try on any of the dresses. Josh of course had to speak up and what did he say? "Oh don't listen to her, she wants to try on the dress." I shot a dirty look at Josh as I tried to laugh and play it cool in front of the wedding dress ladies. The lady then asked us how we met and I said I dance in Living Legends and he does the Lighting. She was so excited for us and then asked us when the big date was. I looked at Josh and he stayed quiet. I decided to get back at him for this whole wedding dress shopping trip. "Oh he hasn't asked me yet," I replied. The store workers were kind of shocked and mad at Josh for not taking advantage of the opportunity yet.
The girls teased him and then we were off into the dressing room. Yes I did try on this gorgeous wedding dress. Let's say it was dream wedding dress material. Only about 1400 dollars plus the money for a veil. Pocket change, honey, pocket change.
I came out and Josh had his little phone camera ready to take some pictures.












2 comments: