Friday, February 1, 2013

Be The Good

My faith in humanity has been restored. Nothing better could have happened at work a few nights ago than what did. 

A married couple came into work and they mentioned how their car got a flat tire. They were along the side of the road trying to fix it for about an hour when a man pulled right behind them and asked if there was anything he could do to help. They said they've been trying to change the tire for a while but couldn't fix it. The man pulled out a $20 and gave it to the couple telling them to go get something to eat while he fixed it. 
(That's number one faith in humanity.)

The couple is ordering and the cost with drinks was $20.48. The man said I only have a twenty with me, so I just took the cost of a drink off their meal. But what really amazed me was that there was a lady who had just walked up to the cash register (because she overheard that he was short for his meal) and offered to pay for the couples meal! It was probably one of the best things I've seen in my life, that as a humankind we really do care about the welfare of others. 

People really are good people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment