Monday, February 11, 2013

What's That Word Again?

My fellow readers you are going to be so proud of me. This post isn't about work! That means I do have a life outside of school and work. Today's topic? A returned missionary! I can't believe two years is already over. Nate is back from the Philippines! It is so good to have him back. Yes I got to see that kid last week.
He came down to Provo for the day. I caught up with him after I took a test. Nate, Erik (a friend of ours from high school) and I all went out to eat dinner. 

I won't lie it was a pretty entertaining dinner. We were catching up on all that has happened in the past two years: missions, relationships, school, work, family. There were times our conversations were a little bit difficult to understand. You've got Nate who just got back and speaks better Tagalog than English, Erik who is deaf and me. There were a few times where I'm pretty sure it took us five minutes just to explain a thought or two. 


My favorite part was driving back to Erik's place and we talked about what he ended up naming his car. He said Kneego and I wasn't sure what that was so I just thought it was a cool word. Nate said he couldn't remember that word in English and asked what it was. Erik responded back saying that since he bought a Honda Civic and all the Mexicans have Civics he decided to name it Kneego which is Spanish for friend.
AMIGO! It was a lightbulb moment! I just laughed to myself.
I won't lie, thinking back on this dinner, I realized just how mismatched all of my high school friends are. But we're seriously amazing friends, so not much more than that matters. 

Now if only I had my two Elder Mulitalo's back from their missions. Manu is serving in McAllen Texas and Tyler is serving in Tulsa Oklahoma. Here's the latest picture of Manu for those of you who haven't seen it yet. And the biggest thanks to Cujoe for sending it to me. I'd say he's rocking the sweaters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment